1993 - 1996
- The Eton Company is founded by Mr Eton Yip.
- First Eton factory is opened employing 800 workers.
1997 - 2002
- The Eton Company begins international trade as Eton Garment Limited.
2003 - 2007
- Foreign direct business with retailers without middlemen agents begins.
- In 2007, the company placed its first orders outside of China.
- First website for Eton Garment is launched.
2008 - 2009
- In order to handle ever increasing order volumes, a second Eton factory at DiYi in Fujian province opens, employing 400 workers.
2010 - 2011
- Eton’s Hong Kong office relocates to central Hong Kong in Tsim Sha Tsui, providing improved accessibility for visiting clients.
- Eton’s mainland China import and export license is granted by the Xiamen, Fujian government.
- Current Managing Director of Eton, Mr Deon Yip joins the company in Hong Kong. Plans to move Eton company headquarters to Xiamen, China in early 2012 are made.
- Eton HQ offices are officially relocated and opened in Xiamen’s central business district, “the Silicon Valley of China.” The Eton HK office remains as a subsidiary office and showroom for the benefit of clients who travel frequently to Hong Kong.
- Mr Tim Hatzis joins Eton from the United Kingdom as Director of Business Development.
- Deon Yip and Tim Hatzis join a Hong Kong sourcing and manufacturing business delegation to East Africa where they meet with local government and Chinese embassy officials to discuss investment in African manufacturing. Later in the year, Tim and Deon are invited to Guangzhou to meet with the Prime Minister of Tanzania, Mr Mizengo Pinda.
- E-business StockOn.com is under development and plans are made to open for online wholesale in early 2014.
- StockOn.com offices and showrooms are opened in Shi Shi, one of China’s largest manufacturing and stock lot centres. Office becomes fully operational in August 2014.
- Eton’s dedicated sampling room and fashion design centre is opened which brings many important benefits to clients during the sampling and design process.
- StockOn.com takes part in a national Ali Baba competition, placing in second place throughout the Fujian region. The prize was awarded by Ali Baba officials in recognition of StockOn’s innovative marketing and growth strategy.
- Eton and StockOn.com undergo extensive and complete redesign and rebrand to see the companies through their next stages of growth.
- New ERP and business flow systems are fully integrated into company operational procedure, a reflection of Eton’s position as an innovative and forward thinking market leader.